Gist of the Guidelines:
Scope and Objective:
The scope of these guidelines is to select 750 MW grid connected solar projects and minister the necessary policy framework for development of projects under the “Viability Gap Funding scheme for 750 MW of Phase II Batch-I of the JNNSM”.
- Promote manufacturing of solar products in India
- Create Business model for State Governments and DISCOMS to carry forward
- To expedite the process of development of Solar projects so as to meet the targets of Phase II Batch-I of JNNSM
- Improve the economics of projects under JNNSM
Total Capacity under this scheme: 750 MW
Capacity of each Project: Solar power projects are required to be modeled for inter connection with transmission network of STC/CTU at voltage level of 33KV or above.
Minimum: 10 MW
Maximum: 50 MW
For upto 20MW : INR 1 Lacs
Beyond 20MW: INR 2 Lacs
Number of applicants and capacity limit for a company:
Total capacity of Solar PV projects designated for a company including its Parent,Affiliate or Ultimate Parent-or any Group Company is be limited to 100 MW out of total capacity of 750MW.
Criteria for qualification:
The Net Worth of the company should be equal to or greater than the value calculated at the rate of Rs 2 Crore or equivalent USD per MW of the project capacity upto 20 MW. For each additional MW capacity, beyond 20 MW, additional net worth of Rs. 1 crore is to be manifested.
Only commercially established and operational technologies will be promoted to minimize the risk.
- Connectivity to Grid
Obtaining connectivity and open access transmission with network of STU/CTU is the responsibility of the developer.
Plant design for interconnection with STU/CTU or any other transmission utility should be at a voltage level of 33kV or above.
- Clearance from State Government and other Local Bodies
- Domestic content requirements (DCR): Some capacity will be reserved for DCR.
Power Purchase Agreement: It will be between SECI and project developer with invitation for RFS submission.
Solar Power can be purchased at Rs 5.50 Kwh under VGF scheme. The contract shall come into existence within 30 days of Letter of Intent
Bank Guarantee: Following should be presented by project developer to SECI
- Rs 10 Lakh/MW as Earnest money deposit (EMD) in form of bank guarantee along with RFS.
- Rs 20 Lakh/MW as performance bank guarantee
For more information, please read the document:VGF-750MW-Guidelines-MNRE Draft